Friday, April 15, 2011

My favortie corn bread

Yesterday I shared my favorite chili recipe.  Today I'll give you the awesomeness that is my corn bread, which perfectly compliments the chili.

I love this recipe because it is so easy!

Ingredients:

1 cup flour
1 cup corn meal
2/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup milk
1 egg
1/2 - 1/3 cup applesauce

Heat oven to 400 degrees.

Sift dry ingredients together into a bowl.


Mix wet ingredients together. Add to dry ingredients and stir.


Pour into greased pan.  I use a 9x11 glass or Corning ware pan, with a spray of Pam.


Cook at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.  I cooked mine for about 5 minutes to long... but it still tasted good!

I love this cornbread because it is so sweet and moist - and has very little fat!  All it needs is a little butter - it is so sweet, you don't even need honey.  And it compliments chili perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment